Cost & Aid

Obtaining a graduate degree in Financial Engineering is a very important investment in your future professional development and career advancement. Our aim at the Drucker School is to offer you the best support possible when determining how to finance your MSFE degree.

Estimated Tuition & Assorted Expenses

FE Program Tuition*
Tuition Per Unit (California & Non-Residents) $1,847 per unit
Tuition Cost for First Year (28 units) $51,716
Tuition Cost for Second Year (12 units)** $22,164
Total Tuition Cost $73,880

Additional Education Expenses (Estimates)

Student Fees $600
Room & Board $8,100
Student Health Insurance Plan*** $3,021
Books $1,500
Laptop $1,500
Transportation $2,500
Personal $2,500

Other Education Expenses

 Books  $800
 Laptop  $1,800

*The numbers provided are approximations and based on the academic 10 month calendar year of 2016-2017.
**Based on 2016-2017 tuition rates.
***Health insurance for domestic students is optional. Health insurance for international students is not optional.


Fellowship Opportunities

All international and U.S. applicants are automatically considered for merit-based fellowships and will be awarded upon admission. Fellowships are scholarships, not loans, and are awarded by the department or program to which you have been accepted.

Financial Engineering fellowships range from $5,000 to $27,000 annually. Fellowships are awarded based on merit (i.e. GMAT/GRE, GPA, work experience, and leadership background). Institutional aid awards are applied directly towards tuition and will continue as long as you remain in good standing in the program.

For full fellowship consideration, completed applications must be submitted by the priority application deadline. In addition to our general departmental fellowships, we offer the following named fellowship opportunities to Financial Engineering Program applicants.


Fellowship Partnerships

Military Fellowship

All schools at Claremont Graduate University, including The Drucker School, participate in the Yellow Ribbon Program.

The Yellow Ribbon GI Education Enhancement Program (Yellow Ribbon Program) is a provision of the Post-9/11 Veterans Educational Assistance Act of 2008. The program allows institutions of higher learning (degree granting institutions) in the United States to voluntarily enter into an agreement with the VA to fund tuition expenses that exceed the highest public in-state undergraduate tuition rate. The institution can contribute up to 50% of those expenses and the VA will match the same amount as the institution.

You may be eligible if:

  • You served an aggregate period of active duty after September 10, 2001, of at least 36 months
  • You were honorably discharged from active duty for a service connected disability and you served 30 continuous days after September 10, 2001
  • You are a dependent eligible for Transfer of Entitlement under the Post-9/11 GI Bill based on a veteran’s service under the eligibility criteria listed above.

The Post-9/11 GI Bill pays up to the highest public in-state undergraduate tuition and fees. You may have tuition and fees that exceed that amount if you are attending a private institution, graduate school or attending in an out-of-state status. If you are enrolled at a Yellow Ribbon participating institution and the tuition and fees exceed the highest public in-state undergraduate tuition or fees, additional funds may be available for your education program without an additional charge to your entitlement.

Institutions that voluntarily enter into a Yellow Ribbon Agreement with the VA choose the amount of tuition and fees that will be contributed. The VA will match that amount and issue payment directly to the institution.

Contact Gwen Smith or 909.607.0431 in Student Services for more information on how to apply.

For further information, visit the US Department of Veterans Affairs website.