Succeed in Today’s Competitive Marketplace
The MA in Management (MAM) is a fast-track degree that equips you with essential management knowledge as well as specialized training in a functional area. The program is designed for you, the recent college grad or early to mid-career professionals, who is looking to expand your competencies in management and business practices. After completing the degree and gaining additional work experience, you have the option of returning to earn a world-class MBA – with MAM work applied in part toward the MBA – a significant savings of time and money.
Key Program Benefits
- A hands-on learning environment with small, diverse classes and a 10:1 student: faculty ratio
- Flexible course scheduling with options to complete the program full-time or part-time
- Opportunities to gain real-world experience through team-based consulting projects
- Personalized career direction and coaching from staff, faculty and professional connections
- Specialized, flexible training in creative industries, digital marketing, organizational behavior, finance, and supply chain and logistics
The Drucker MBA: Creativity, Innovation, Practice
The Drucker MBA is unlike any other. Fueled by the management philosophy of Peter Drucker, one of the greatest thought leaders of all time, our curriculum will ground you in business basics and the creative practice of management. The end result: The Drucker MBA empowers you to become a leader who pushes companies, nonprofits, and institutions to the next level.
Study management as a creative, people-driven discipline.
- Connect with top-ranked faculty who will lead you to your future
- Collaborate with diverse classmates from around the globe
- Put theory into practice through client work, research projects, and exposure to executive leaders and working professionals
- Build upon a business essentials in marketing, finance, accounting, operations, strategy and leadership
- Chart and advance your career with our Career Development Office
- Earn a degree accredited by AACSB (Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business), the highest standard for business education.
What makes Drucker MBA different?
- The Creative Practice of Management: training and experience leveraging your strengths
- People-driven: small and intimate class sizes with enrollment of 15 to 20 students and a student-faculty ratio of 10:1
- Innovation: new centers of excellence in the creative industries and supply chain management
- Flexibility: Select from diverse electives, concentrations and dual degree options
As champions of culture and creativity, many arts organizations operate on a not-for-profit basis. But the commercial or asset-driven arts industries – from theater, publishing, visual art, film, television, and music – have always been of equal or greater importance, both as leaders in their fields and as economic engines for their growth and development.
The MA in Arts Management has been designed with this duality in mind. Spanning the spectrum from the visual and performing arts to media and entertainment, and from the nonprofit organization to the commercial creative enterprise, the Arts Management program produces skilled administrators, executives, and entrepreneurs who understand what is needed to build and guide the next generation of creative industries.
Faculty: drawn from the vibrant and diverse arts community in the L.A. arts community: More than 3,500 arts organizations and 150,000 working artists in the county, the largest concentration of arts activity in the United States
Learn from Experience: Arts Consulting Practicum: This capstone course enables you to gain experience as an arts consultant with highly regarded cultural institutions, such as the Los Angeles County Museum of Art, Los Angeles Stage Alliance and the Center for Cultural Innovation, to name only a few.
The degree in Art Business, offered in partnership with Sotheby’s Institute of Art, is designed to prepare graduates for a career in the many asset-driven sectors of the visual art world. With campuses in New York and London in addition to Los Angeles, Sotheby’s Institute of Art, the undisputed leader in art market and art business education, provides its students a broad perspective on the increasingly international world of art and its markets. Students of Art Business typically pursue careers with auction houses, museums, public art organizations and other art enterprises, or they start their own innovative art businesses, such as galleries, media properties, or consulting and advisory firms.
The MA in Art Business provides a solid foundation in the business of art that is based on instruction from a distinguished faculty dedicated to three pillars of management education: the “Drucker Difference,” the “Practice of Management,” and “Management in the Creative Industries.”
The program is headquartered on the beautiful Claremont campus, but a number of its classes are held in downtown Los Angeles, a newly vibrant center for this artistic capital. The Art Business program offers students access to a dynamic and innovative local arts community as well as to an international coterie of visual arts professionals via Los Angeles’s great museums, galleries, collections, and arts organizations.
For more information or to schedule a campus visit, please contact Tory Benoit, Associate Director of External Affairs: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Master of Arts in Politics, Economics and Business (MAPEB), a collaboration between the Peter F. Drucker School of Management and the Department of Politics and Economics (DPE) at Claremont Graduate University, is an innovative and interdisciplinary program that integrates politics, policy, business and economics. You’ll learn how politics shapes business, how policy influences economics—and vice versa. You’ll also explore the implications of globalization on both international and domestic business.
You’ll gain analytical skills, practical experience and technical training that will give you a career advantage in nearly any professional setting. You’ll be highly prized—someone who knows the processes and impacts of decisions and the fundamentals of economics and management. You’ll be increasingly valuable in numerous positions in academic business, government and non-profit organizations.
Key Program Benefits
- Opportunities for practical application through internships and research projects
- Personalized learning environment with attentive faculty
- A unique mix of analytics and application
- Management skills for effective implementation
At the Forefront of Risk and Change
The Master of Science in Financial Engineering (MSFE) program is ranked 25th in the nation by QuantNet. Its hallmark: a close integration of management and mathematics. Offered in partnership with Claremont Graduate University’s Institute of Mathematical Sciences, this unique program will set you apart in today’s global economy through:
- A substantial mathematics and finance curriculum that gives you the skills to evaluate and design complex financial products
- An education in managerial vision inspired by Peter Drucker, one of the greatest business thought leaders of all time, that will help you become a strategic financial leader
- Classmates from diverse backgrounds from all over the world
- Respected faculty scholars and experienced practitioners with expertise ranging from emerging markets to risk management and beyond
- The ability to concentrate in data analytics or pursue a dual degree in mathematics to keep yourself competitive in quantitative fields.
- Excellent preparation for careers in risk management, investment, banking, corporate finance, hedge funds, derivatives and much more
Your MSFE degree will put you in the ranks of Drucker and CGU alumni who work in major financial centers leading and changing some of the most prominent firms and companies in the world, such as Goldman Sachs, Barclays, and The J. Paul Getty Trust.
The Part-Time MBA is designed for you, the working professional. You will complete an MBA degree as you learn business strategies and study cases that you can apply to work the very next day. Based on the philosophy of Peter Drucker, the Part-Time MBA balances business fundamentals with the human side of management. You master creative management and business planning skills for a broad range of business environments—the tools to move up in your career and the ability to make a difference.
Our flexible course scheduling allows you to move through the program at your own pace and build your class schedule around your professional and personal life. We understand you may be concerned about returning to school, so we have designed our program to help you, as managers and executives, transition back to academic life.
Advantages of the Part-Time MBA program
- Three entry points; Fall, Summer and Spring, so you can get started on your MBA immediately
- A modified cohort approach that allows you to create a flexible schedule with part-time options
- Connect with top-ranked faculty who will lead you to your future
- Gain the right foundation in business essentials: marketing, finance, accounting, operations, strategy and leadership and put what you learn to practice immediately
- A professional degree accredited by AACSB (Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business), the highest standard for business education.